Saturday, April 17, 2010

the secret life...

if you know me, you know i love the wral azalea gardens. i made what has become my annual pilgrimage there today, just my camera and me. it was, as usual, a weighty delight.
(more here on the weighty part, if you're curious.)

as for the secret life promised in the title...

...of pistils and stamens (yes, i pay attention to my daily kindergarten recaps)...









...of birds (who mostly succeeded in remaining secretive)...


...of bees (of course--surely you anticipated this book reference, no?)...




...of trees.





having not grown up with them, i'm not sure i'll ever be unsurpised by the beauty of azaleas. the pure, overwhelming display of beauty...i like to think of them as a gift from God, delivered with a little smile: "you have no idea what I can do. here's just a glimpse of Glory, a hint. you have no idea."

No comments: