Wednesday, November 11, 2009

a pisgah view of paradise

(does anyone know what author used that expression? i vaguely remember it from my college days...so long ago).




(we weren't on mt. pisgah, though we were very near it and may well have been looking over the pisgah national forest.)

"Let me, I pray, cross over and see the fair land that is beyond the Jordan, that good hill country and Lebanon." But the Lord was angry with me on your account, and would not listen to me; and the Lord said to me, "Enough! Speak to me no more of this matter. Go up to the top of Pisgah and lift up your eyes to the west and north and south and east, and see it with your eyes, for you shall not cross over this Jordan. But charge Joshua and encourage him and strengthen him, for he shall go across at the head of this people, and he will give them as an inheritance the land which you will see" (deuteronomy 3:25-28).

1 comment:

Tobias Stanislas Haller BSG said...

james joyce, in ulysses , in the cave of the winds (newspaper) chapter, as a headline